Sunday, May 2, 2010

Take It Shorter, Now

Ahoy. Just posted a new mix on 8tracks.



Tracklist
1. Papas Fritas - We've Got All Night - this song was shuffled to me during my drive to the office on Friday morning, and it put me in a great mood. This is one of the most underrated bands of the 90's.
2. Twin Sister - All Around and Away We Go - ...and this song came on immediately after We've Got All Night - sometimes these mixes just make themselves...
3. Smoking Popes - Before I'm Gone - this song popped in my head on Friday morning as well. This is the definition of power pop.
4. Harlem - Faces - I am going to see these guys (and Jaill) play at Mad Planet tomorrow night. Their newest album, Hippies, has been on heavy rotation this spring.
5. T. Rex - Ride a White Swan - and my T. Rex obsession continues. I can't believe how much Devendra Banhart "borrowed" from Marc Bolan's vocal delivery...
6. The Bangles - September Gurls - Big Star's (original) version of this song was on the playlist last night, and my friend Colleen asked me if it was a Bangles song, which I laughed at. Less than a minute later, we were listening to the Bangles' version (thanks Rhapsody!), and you know what? - it's pretty darned great!
7. Dum Dum Girls - Pay For Me - I found this song yesterday - such an awesome drum part.
8. Tripping Daisy - One Through Four - this is from their self-titled swan song that they released after Jesus Hits Like the Atom Bomb (which is in my top ten albums of all time). I haven't been able to get into the whole album yet, but I think this is the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment