Sunday, December 11, 2011

Erik's Top Albums of 2011: Honorable Mentions



This was a good year for music, despite what other year-end lists may lead you to believe. (Drake? Bon Iver? Justify yourself!) Parsing through some of these lists has given me perspective on the fact that I have wildly different tastes from most people. Except TK, of course. Though he and I sometimes differ. For example, my list features rap and metal; both of which had some exciting releases this year. Regardless; here are 10 albums (in no particular order) that I liked this year, but not enough to make my official Top 25.

Danny Brown - XXX



14 - Nosebleeds by foolsgoldrecs


Jamie xx & Gil Scott-Heron - We're New Here


Gil Scott-Heron and Jamie xx – My Cloud by @beatpie@

Panda Bear - Tomboy


Panda Bear - Surfer's Hymn by NIKLAS

Ford & Lopatin - Channel Pressure


Ford & Lopatin 'Emergency Room' by CosmosMusicDK

Havok - Time Is Up



"Prepare For Attack"



PJ Harvey - Let England Shake



PJ Harvey - The Words That Maketh Murder by Vagrant Records

Big K.R.I.T. - Returnof4eva




Big KRIT - R4 Theme Song by SteveyGeez

The Mountain Goats - All Eternals Deck




The Mountain Goats - Damn These Vampires by Indiespot

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues



Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues by subpop

tUnE-yArDs - w h o k i l l



Tune-Yards - Bizness by snipelondon


Until next time...

-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment