Wednesday, June 23, 2010

New Connection

It's always a joy to stumble across a fellow music fan who has nearly identical taste as you - it's really the best way to discover new artists of which you've never heard (that was for you, Cous). I was listening to some 8tracks mixes today at work, since I had the office to myself, and I came across molloy_hh somehow (not really sure how it happened - must've blacked out). Of all the songs I heard, this one jumped out at me the most, although not at first. 

  Korallreven - The Truest Faith (Ghostape Remix) by lighthouseflashing 

It starts out as a drums-only party. Then some vocals start showing up, hanging out in the hallway. As their numbers grow, so does their confidence, and they patiently make their way inside. They're followed by a fashionably late bass who brought along some steady single-note hits, who keep sneaking up on the guests and freaking everyone out. Soon enough, the drums get tired of being out-numbered and go on the porch for a smoke, leaving behind a beautiful cacophony of sound.

And although it's not as great as the remix (in my humble opinion), here's the original, for your reference:

  Korallreven - The Truest Faith by lighthouseflashing  

VBtk

No comments:

Post a Comment