Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Erik's Top 100 Songs of 2012



I'm not a huge fan of top 100 song lists, just because it's much harder to be definitive than it is with albums (not that album lists are ever definitive, but they're a bit closer). As you saw with my last post, I've already made mixes. But on our spreadsheet, throughout the year I had been keeping a top 100 essential tracks, so I decided to formalize it into a list. These are my favorite songs of the year. Did I miss something? Let me know. This list is available on Spotify here. All songs with asterisks are not available on Spotify. Like us on Facebook here: http://on.fb.me/WVIPNE

  1. Death Grips - Hacker
  2. Foxygen - Make It Known
  3. Here We Go Magic - How Do I Know
  4. Damien Jurado - Working Titles
  5. King Krule - Rock Bottom*
  6. Woods - Cali In A Cup
  7. Frank Ocean - Thinkin Bout You
  8. Chief Keef - I Don't Like
  9. The Babies - Alligator
  10. White Rabbits - I Had It Coming
  11. Andrew Bird - Danse Carribe
  12. Holograms - Fever
  13. Death Grips - I've Seen Footage
  14. Beach House - On The Sea
  15. Ty Segall & White Fence - Scissor People*
  16. The Mountain Goats - Transcendental Youth
  17. El-P - Oh Hail No
  18. Japandroids - Continuous Thunder
  19. Sonny & The Sunsets - Pretend You Love Me
  20. Dirty Projectors - About to Die
  21. Lambchop - Never My Love
  22. Theophilus London & A$AP Rocky - Big Spender*
  23. Protomartyr - Bubba Helms*
  24. Spiritualized - Hey Jane
  25. Hospitality - All Day Today
  26. Woods - It Ain't Easy
  27. Perfume Genius - Take Me Home
  28. Mac DeMarco - Freaking Out The Neighborhood
  29. Chris Cohen - Rollercoaster Rider
  30. Liars - Brats
  31. White Fence - A Hermes Blues
  32. Melody's Echo Chamber - Some Time Alone, Alone
  33. TEEN - Better
  34. Purity Ring - Fineshrine
  35. The Casket Girls - You Never Know
  36. White Rabbits - I'm Not Me
  37. Grass Widow - Disappearing Industries
  38. Father John Misty - Only Son of the Ladiesman
  39. Fang Island - Never Understand
  40. Divine Fits - Shivers
  41. Opossom - Getaway Tonight
  42. Kendrick Lamar - Sing About Me, I’m Dying of Thirst
  43. Gorillaz, James Murphy, Andre 3000 - DoYaThing*
  44. Dinosaur Jr. - Watch The Corners
  45. Guided By Voices - Class Clown Spots a UFO
  46. The Tallest Man On Earth - Leading Me Now
  47. Julie Doiron - Our Love*
  48. Sonny & The Sunsets - I See The Void
  49. Nude Beach - Cathedral Echoes
  50. Big K.R.I.T. - 4EvaNaDay (Theme)
  51. Divine Fits - What Gets You Alone
  52. Aesop Rock - Zero Dark Thirty
  53. Action Bronson & Alchemist - Randy The Musical*
  54. The Men - Ex-Dreams
  55. Mind Spiders - On The Radio
  56. Nada Surf - Looking Through
  57. Grizzly Bear - A Simple Answer
  58. Royal Headache - Surprise
  59. Whirr - Toss
  60. Django Django - Default
  61. Killer Mike - Go!
  62. The Maccabees - Pelican
  63. Dirty Projectors - Just From Chevron
  64. Mac DeMarco - Cookin’ Up Something Good
  65. The Walkmen - Song For Leigh
  66. Dr. Dog - Do The Trick
  67. Cat Power - Manhattan
  68. Japandroids - The Nights of Wine and Roses
  69. Fang Island - Asunder
  70. Zammuto - Too Late to Topologize
  71. Passion Pit - Love Is Greed
  72. Craft Spells - Sun Trails
  73. Frankie Rose - Had We Had It
  74. The Mountain Goats - Cry For Judas
  75. Holograms - Chasing My Mind
  76. Grimes - Genesis
  77. Jens Lekman - The End of the World Is Bigger Than Love
  78. Frank Ocean - Sweet Life
  79. Beachwood Sparks - Earl Jean
  80. Shearwater - Immaculate
  81. Beach House - Wishes
  82. Parquet Courts - N Dakota
  83. Craig Finn - Balcony
  84. Parquet Courts - Borrowed Time
  85. King Tuff - Screaming Skull*
  86. Perfume Genius - Hood
  87. Tame Impala - Apocalypse Dreams
  88. Julia Holter - Goddess Eyes I
  89. Campfires - They'll Seem Like Castles*
  90. The Soft Pack - Bobby Brown
  91. Deerhoof - The Trouble With Candyhands
  92. The Fresh & Onlys - Do What I Came to Do
  93. Fiona Apple - Periphery
  94. La Sera - Please Be My Third Eye
  95. Twin Shadow - Five Seconds
  96. Liam The Younger - An Easy Place Pt. 2
  97. AU - Solid Gold
  98. Daughn Gibson - In The Beginning
  99. Thee Oh Sees - Flood's New Light
  100. Bob Dylan - Duquesne Whistle

-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment