Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wind is Blowing in Your Face



















  


Ahoy. My friend Cameron used to be in a great band called The Neins Circa. He wrote one of my favorite songs ever written (Flo), a song which I was lucky enough to see performed live at The Railway Club in Vancouver back in 2005. His new musical project, Pineapple, delivers even more gems. Cameron sent me a bunch of Pineapple mp3's last month, and this track, Harvey, immediately jumped out and caught my attention: 



To be honest, I dismissed it as just a goof song at first, but I found myself humming the chorus the next day. Since then, I've listened to this song more times than any other song this year. So many hooks! And whistling! I also got a kick out of this song, New York City:  

 

I laugh every time the I hear the synth hits. Not because they are funny but because they are perfect and completely unexpected upon first listen.

If you want to support a great artist, I urge you to email Cameron (anicehotbath @ hotmail . com) and ask him for a CD. If you're not convinced yet, download Harvey and New York City here and listen to them a couple dozen times. There's more where that came from.

- - - - - - - - - - - 

In other news, I found out that Woods' At Echo Lake was released today on iTunes. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. this schite is rad, man.

    i'm a-gonna go and get me some fresh pineapple for today.

    hooray!

    ReplyDelete